What is time management?
It is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools and systems that help you use your time to accomplish what you want.
Why is time management important?
Time management is important for your personal life and career success. It teaches you how to manage your time effectively and make the most of it.
Here are a few of the reasons why it is so important, and how it can help you use and manage your time more advantageously:
1. Time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for later use. Everyone has the exact same amount of time each day. Time not well used cannot be retrieved.
2. Most people, feel like they have too much to do and not enough time. They blame lack of time for their poor finances, stress, bad relationships, and for not exercising their body.
Wise time management can help you find the time for what you desire, and for what you need to do.
3. You need time to get what you want out of life. If you wait for extra time to appear, you might lose the game of life. Through right time management, you can “create” the time you need, and not just wait for it to come. By planning your time wisely, you will have more time to do more things.
4. Time management will help you set up your priorities.
5. Time is limited to 24 hours a day, so plan your life wisely.
6. Time management helps you make conscious choices, so you can spend more of your time doing things that are important and valuable to you.
7. You can learn to find the time for the things that are important to you. Even a small amount of time once a day, or even once a week, will take you closer to your goals, and you will be surprised at the progress you make.
8. You become more productive using improved time management skills and tools, and can accomplish more with less effort and time. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and productive, and enable you to do the right thing at the right time. This will of course lead to more balance and fulfillment in your life.
9. Life today presents so many distractions, and therefore, it is very easy to lose time on unimportant activities. Ask yourself, is watching this or that TV program, reading this or that gossip or participating in a certain activity is going to add anything to your life. Is the time spent on a particular activity well spent, or is just a waste of time and energy?
10. Life puts in front of everyone so many choices each day, and the question is, do you follow what appears on your way, or do you consciously choose what you want to do? Do you allow external distractions to deter you from your goal, or do you use willpower and self discipline to walk toward your goal in a straight line, without wasting time and energy?
11. A certain degree of detachment and inner peace are useful in managing your time effectively. They help you avoid spending too much emotional and mental energy on what people say and think about you. They help you stay calm, despite distractions or difficulties, and this saves you a lot of time and energy, which you can spend on better and more rewarding activities.
There are many things you can do and tools to use to manage your time effectively. There is a lot of time wasted each day, which can be put to better uses. There are changes you can make, which will effectively increase the time you have at your disposal every day.
Thinking, planning, finding out how others manage their time, and reading books and articles on time management, will develop these skills and give you good ideas.
Among the many changes that you can make to manage your time, there is one that is important and easily available, and that is getting up early in the morning. Give up watching TV late at night and go to sleep a little earlier than usual. It will then be easier to wake up earlier.
Even waking up only 15 minutes earlier would be great. It is a time of quietude, before everyone else wakes up, which you can devote to reading, meditating, exercising, or planning your day.
To get rid of the feeling that you have much to do and not enough time, try to feel and to think, as if you have all the time in the world.
This kind of thinking would enable you to focus on what you are doing, without stress and strain.
Always plan your time well and don’t waste it on useless matters. Be careful not to procrastinate, and do everything in the best way you can, with focus and attention.
Don’t have enough time in your day? Do you want to learn how to manage your time? Learning about time management can help you manage your time more efficiently.
Developing some willpower and self-discipline will make it much easier to be in control of your time.
Strengthen Your Willpower and Self Discipline
Do you lack inner strength, perseverance, and the ability to stick to your decisions?
You can learn how to strengthen your willpower and self-discipline, overcome procrastination, laziness and impatience, and persevere with any task or goal, until you accomplish it.Read More
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness website. He is the author of articles and books, teaching how to develop and use the skills, mental tools and inner powers one needs for creating a life of happiness, success, fulfillment and inner peace.
Follow on: Facebook Twitter Google+
Time is something that you can lose and never get back. People are always wishing they had more hours available in the day. The solution to this common problem is easier than one might realize. With a few minor adjustments in how you utilize your time you can change how you manage your time. Proper time management is something that can change your life on a fundamental basis for the better.
Every daily cycle consists of a twenty-four hour period. This is one of those things that is what it is and cannot be changed. Even though you can’t control time, you can control how the time you have is used. This realization is the first step to being effective in your own time management. It is important to take stock in what is important in your daily life and focus on allotting time for these things. Anything that is non-important should be eliminated.
Developing skills to effectively manage your time will bring forth improvements to your life on a dramatic scale. You must be accepting to making fundamental changes. You have to learn to prioritize and take things one step at a time. Chances for failure increase when you take on more than you can handle or when you take on too much at one time. Developing time management skills will also help you get to know yourself a little better. This is the first step in proper time management. As people age, it becomes much easier to lose track of important things in your life. It seems crazy that humans allow this to happen, but it is something that happens really easily. The first thing you must do is get in touch with what it is you want to accomplish from your life.
This is the point where you locate your vision. When people are young, they believe that anything is possible. Think back to your younger days and remember how you envisioned your life at that time. It is likely that many of your priorities have changed since then, but some of the core ones will have remained the same.
Begin by focusing on the things you want to achieve. Pick something big and something small. After you have decided on what those things are, take steps to formulate a plan that can set you on a path to achieving these things. Completing one step toward each goal is an excellent start. By going at your own pace, you begin to plan and manage your time much more effectively. Planning is key to mapping out the direction in which you should head.