Top 10 Human Development Topics For Research Papers
Do you need to write a human development paper and you don’t know from where to start? We might have some ideas for you! Choose one of these topics for your human development research paper and you have the chance to impress your professors and get the maximum grade!
- Human rights: there is no human development course that does not study the human rights. You discuss how these fundamental rights developed in time and the way they are perceived by the modern society.
- The human development index: explain what are the factors that contribute to rank a country and how/why this index was formed.
- The millennium development goals: is a set of eight pre-established, world-wide development goals that are supposed to be fulfilled by the end of 2015. Some of these are the eradication of extreme poverty and hunger and the promoting of gender equality.
- Aid programs for Africa: here you have plenty of choices; every year there are new projects meant to improve the situation in Africa and to help with education, prevention of diseases or hunger.
- Women rights: especially in part of Middle East and Asia, in the last years there was made an incredible progress when it comes to giving women the same rights as men.
- Education programs: in the last decade, the number of kids without access to education reduced to almost half. Therefore, the active campaigns that are present in poor areas are very effective.
- Autistic child development: many organizations put together every year projects that are meant to facilitate the introduction of autistic children in society. You can study the public perspective regarding autism and search for solutions.
- Therapy through art: apparently art has a healing effect over victims or violence or traumatic events. Every city has at least one center that offers therapy with art. Pay a visit there and see how victims are regaining their life.
- Minorities: the integration of minorities in society is a constant concern for human development associations. Find out more about the difficulties that minorities in your country are facing every day.
- Disease prevention: there are still parts of the world where the most common vaccines are not accessible. Organizations are working hard to provide for these people medicine and medical facilities and to stop the spreading of infectious diseases.
Writing On Human Development: Research Paper Topics Ideas
Human development refers to how different people of different ages develop. This can be physically, emotionally, sexually, mentally, and spiritually. All of these have a factor on how we turn out as adults. I’m going to give you some general topics that you can work from and then with research you should be able to find a good topic for your research paper.
Research Paper Topics Ideas
- Cognitive Development: You could do topics on how a child develops problem solving skills, judgment, language skills, and other topics that have to do with cognitive development. You can also show the affect of not learning these skills can affect adults.
- Psychosocial Development: For this one you can look at how personalities, social skills, and attitudes are developed from childhood to adulthood. You could also look at Erik Erikson eight stages that he came up with to measure this kind of development.
- Psychosexual Development: This study started in the 20th century, when Sigmund Freud introduced his theory on the subject. He talked about how our sexual appetite is instinctual and that it is even present in infants. While this theory is a little controversial but it would make for an interesting topic for you research paper.
- Moral Development: Lawrence Kohlberg developed six stages to moral behavior in children and adults. Punishment and obedience orientation, interpersonal concordance, law and order orientation, social contract orientation, and universal ethics orientation. All or even just one of these stages will make a good topic for your research paper or you could just do the research paper on Kohlberg.
- Faith Development: A professor by the name of James Fowler developed the stages of faith development. He studied them form infancy to adulthood and came up with the stages. Intuitive projective, mythical literal, synthetic conventional, conjunctive, individualize, and universalizing faith stage. Each on one of these lead us to how spiritual we will be as adults. This is an interesting topic that you can to do to show the human development of people.
These topics should give you a good start on finding your research topic for your human development paper. Once you start searching these topics, you will probably find a lot of study on each subject. Use those studies to figure out what you want your main idea to be for your research paper. Try to find a subject that is new or hasn’t been covered before, this will make your research paper more interesting.